As men, we tend to compartmentalize everything, including our spiritual lives. But when it comes to pointing our children to Christ and His gospel, compartmentalization will never be enough. Scheduling times for reading the Bible, prayer before bed and church attendance should not be our only goal. As dads, we should be looking for everyday moments to point our children to the gospel. Join host Jerrad Lopes as he discusses how a father/son outing for frozen yogurt, with his son Elijah, became an opportunity to talk to him about God’s direction for Christians to take care of the needy. If you struggle with how to illustration to your children the relevance of Bible teaching in “real life,” you won’t want to miss this episode.
Host: Jerrad Lopes
Mentioned during the episode:
· James 1:27
“Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”
· Luke 3:11
“And he answered them, “Whoever has two tunics[a] is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise.”
· Luke 15:11-32 – The Parable of the Prodigal Son
Connect with Dad Tired:
· To subscribe on iOS, go to our iTunes page and subscribe.
· Leave an iTunes review, this lets us and others know what you think and increases the chance that other dads will find us.
· Like and Follow Dad Tired on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for updates.
· Join our Dad Tired closed Facebook group for men who are trying to figure out how to be better disciples, husbands, fathers, and men.